2016 Australia Day Awards
Kempsey Shire Council is now calling for nominations for the 2016 Australia Day Awards, which will be presented in three categories:
- Citizen of the Year
- Young Citizen of the Year
- Community Group of the Year
Nominations close Friday 27 November 2015
Rates and Charges Single Notice
From July 2015 your rates and water notice will be issued on one easy to read account.
Previously you received a rates notice and a water account, this is now on one single, easy to read rates and charges notice.
Free waste vouchers
Residents of the Macleay Valley who receive a domestic waste service from Council will receive two waste disposal vouchers with their annual rates notice providing them with free disposal of waste up to a 6 x 4 trailer at any of Council’s waste facilities.
Mobile Community Recycling Centre
Did you know problem wastes can now be collected from many new collection points around our Shire?
Kempsey Shire Council residents will now have access to NSW’s first mobile recycling centre for problem household wastes.
Free MyRoadInfo App
The MyRoadInfo website was developed in 2010 as an online information hub listing road closures and delays due to accidents, storms or rising floodwaters. The website and app also list roads where roadworks are being undertaken.
MyRoadInfo includes the latest updates from councils and the RMS so residents have localised knowledge at their fingertips to make sensible decisions on the road.
Kempsey Shire Council is encouraging greater asbestos awareness and proper safe disposal to all households in the Shire.
Tropical Soda Apple timebomb
The first infestations in Australia of this highly invasive weed have recently been discovered on the Upper Macleay near Kempsey. Councils from Nambucca to Tweed Heads are now on high alert. The plant is described as being a perennial shrub that grows from 1-2 metres in height with leaves and stems containing large white to yellow thorn-like prickles.
Weekly works schedules
Each week you can find out what our infrastructure and water crews are working on throughout the Shire.
Seen a koala lately?
Kempsey Shire Council is interested in keeping records of healthy, injured, sick or dead koalas that have been sighted within the Kempsey Shire.
If you have recently, or sometime in the past, seen a koala within this Shire, please let us know. Your information will provide us with valuable information on where koalas are located and be used to assist Council with future conservation planning.
Future Jobs Kempsey
A skilled local workforce is crucial to the Macleay’s future. We need people, like you, with the right skills for the jobs we know will be on offer today and in the future. Skilled people who enjoy the income, satisfaction and social benefits that a working life can bring, keep our economy strong and vibrant.
'Future Jobs Kempsey' is your one stop shop to training and employment in the Macleay Valley.
- Media releases
- Operating Plan 2015-16 / Fees & Charges 2015-2016
- Mayoral Community Fund 2015/16 recipients
- Smith Street, Kempsey Upgrade
- Smith Street, North Kempsey streetscape upgrade
- A Plan for Kempsey
- Riverside Park Upgrade
- Community flood preparedness survey - Smithtown & Gladstone
- Draft Water Sharing Plan for the Macleay Unregulated and Alluvial Water Sources
- Rate increase information
- Tropical Soda Apple information
- Heavy metals in the Upper Macleay River - August 2015 update
- General Purpose Financial Statements for the year ended 30 June 2015
- CCTV Frequently asked questions
- Macleay Valley Welcome Pack 2015-2016 now available
- Download the Waste Services Guide (PDF - 6.9 MB)
- Current roads and bridges status and sports fields status
- Tenders and Expressions of Interest
- Latest Council notices
- Positions vacant
- Documents on public exhibition
- Mayor and Councillors' Engagement Calendar
- Customer service request