Kempsey Macleay ClubGRANTS
The Kempsey Macleay ClubGRANTS Committee is now taking Category 1 grant applications for projects within the Kempsey Shire.
Category 1 funding is available for specific local community priorities such as community welfare and social services, community development, community health services and employment assistance activities.
Snap Send Solve smartphone app
Snap Send Solve is a free app for your iPhone or Android device that lets you report issues and provide feedback to your local council.
Snap Send Solve determines your council using your smartphone's GPS location.
Snap Send Solve allows you to easily capture and report on common issues including litter, hard waste, parking, street cleaning, trees, noise, and also provide a general request or general feedback.
Mobile Community Recycling Centre
Did you know problem wastes can now be collected from many new collection points around our Shire?
Kempsey Shire Council residents will now have access to NSW’s first mobile recycling centre for problem household wastes.
Rates and Charges Single Notice
From July 2015 your rates and water notice will be issued on one easy to read account.
Previously you received a rates notice and a water account, this is now on one single, easy to read rates and charges notice.
Free waste vouchers
Residents of the Macleay Valley who receive a domestic waste service from Council will receive two waste disposal vouchers with their annual rates notice providing them with free disposal of waste up to a 6 x 4 trailer at any of Council’s waste facilities.
Free MyRoadInfo App
The MyRoadInfo website was developed in 2010 as an online information hub listing road closures and delays due to accidents, storms or rising floodwaters. The website and app also list roads where roadworks are being undertaken.
MyRoadInfo includes the latest updates from councils and the RMS so residents have localised knowledge at their fingertips to make sensible decisions on the road.
Kempsey Shire Council is encouraging greater asbestos awareness and proper safe disposal to all households in the Shire.
Weekly works schedules
Each week you can find out what our infrastructure and water crews are working on throughout the Shire.
Seen a koala lately?
Kempsey Shire Council is interested in keeping records of healthy, injured, sick or dead koalas that have been sighted within the Kempsey Shire.
If you have recently, or sometime in the past, seen a koala within this Shire, please let us know. Your information will provide us with valuable information on where koalas are located and be used to assist Council with future conservation planning.
Future Jobs Kempsey
A skilled local workforce is crucial to the Macleay’s future. We need people, like you, with the right skills for the jobs we know will be on offer today and in the future. Skilled people who enjoy the income, satisfaction and social benefits that a working life can bring, keep our economy strong and vibrant.
'Future Jobs Kempsey' is your one stop shop to training and employment in the Macleay Valley.
- Media releases
- Operating Plan 2015-16 / Fees & Charges 2015-2016
- Mayoral Community Fund 2015/16 recipients
- Smith Street, Kempsey Upgrade
- Smith Street, North Kempsey streetscape upgrade
- A Plan for Kempsey
- Draft Water Sharing Plan for the Macleay Unregulated and Alluvial Water Sources
- Rate increase information
- Tropical Soda Apple information
- Heavy metals in the Upper Macleay River - August 2015 update
- Crescent Head - Foreshore Reserve car parking proposed changes
- 2015/2016 beach patrols
- General Purpose Financial Statements for the year ended 30 June 2015
- CCTV Frequently asked questions
- Macleay Valley Welcome Pack 2015-2016 now available
- Download the Waste Services Guide (PDF - 6.9 MB)
- Current roads and bridges status and sports fields status
- Tenders and Expressions of Interest
- Latest Council notices
- Positions vacant
- Documents on public exhibition
- Mayor and Councillors' Engagement Calendar
- Customer service request