Free MyRoadInfo App
The MyRoadInfo website was developed in 2010 as an online information hub listing road closures and delays due to accidents, storms or rising floodwaters. The website and app also list roads where roadworks are being undertaken.
MyRoadInfo includes the latest updates from councils and the RMS so residents have localised knowledge at their fingertips to make sensible decisions on the road.
Mobile Community Recycling Centre
Did you know problem wastes can now be collected from many new collection points around our Shire?
Kempsey Shire Council residents will now have access to NSW’s first mobile recycling centre for problem household wastes.
Kempsey Shire Council is encouraging greater asbestos awareness and proper safe disposal to all households in the Shire.
Tropical Soda Apple timebomb
The first infestations in Australia of this highly invasive weed have recently been discovered on the Upper Macleay near Kempsey. Councils from Nambucca to Tweed Heads are now on high alert. The plant is described as being a perennial shrub that grows from 1-2 metres in height with leaves and stems containing large white to yellow thorn-like prickles.
Weekly works schedules
Each week you can find out what our infrastructure and water crews are working on throughout the Shire.
Water saving tips
Council is encouraging community members connected to the reticulated water supply to do what they can to save water and reduce the current demand on the water supply system.
Seen a koala lately?
Kempsey Shire Council is interested in keeping records of healthy, injured, sick or dead koalas that have been sighted within the Kempsey Shire.
If you have recently, or sometime in the past, seen a koala within this Shire, please let us know. Your information will provide us with valuable information on where koalas are located and be used to assist Council with future conservation planning.
Future Jobs Kempsey
A skilled local workforce is crucial to the Macleay’s future. We need people, like you, with the right skills for the jobs we know will be on offer today and in the future. Skilled people who enjoy the income, satisfaction and social benefits that a working life can bring, keep our economy strong and vibrant.
'Future Jobs Kempsey' is your one stop shop to training and employment in the Macleay Valley.
- Media releases
- 2015 Volunteer of the Year award nominations now open
- Smith Street, Kempsey Upgrade
- Draft Water Sharing Plan for the Macleay Unregulated and Alluvial Water Sources
- Rate increase information
- Tropical Soda Apple information
- Heavy metals in the Upper Macleay River - February 2015 update
- Macleay Valley Coast Holiday Parks 2015/20 Fees and Charges
- Draft Kempsey Coastal Zone Management Plan (2015)
- Surf lifesaving patrols 2014/2015
- Kempsey Shire Council Annual Report 2013-2014
- Macleay Valley Welcome Pack 2015-2016 now available
- Operating Plan 2014-15 / Fees & Charges 2014-2015
- Significant changes to swimming pool legislation
- Download the Waste Services Guide (PDF - 6.9 MB)
- Current roads and bridges status and sports fields status
- Tenders and Expressions of Interest
- Latest Council notices
- Positions vacant
- Documents on public exhibition
- Mayor and Councillors' Engagement Calendar
- Customer service request