Garage Sale Trail
Saturday 25 October 2014
Australians everywhere come together on the same day to reduce waste and reuse pre-loved items in a fun and creative way.
It is a big day for the community to de-clutter and resell unwanted valuable items or shop smart and buy some bargains.
Kempsey Shire Council is encouraging greater asbestos awareness and proper safe disposal to all households in the Shire.
Wood smoke pollution
Wood smoke can be a nuisance not only around your home but also in your neighbourhood. It’s also a health hazard because wood smoke can contain fine particles and toxic compounds that can cause respiratory problems.
“Do it Right-Burn it Bright” aims to provide residents of Kempsey with information on the ways that they can improve the operation of their wood heaters.
Tropical Soda Apple timebomb
The first infestations in Australia of this highly invasive weed have recently been discovered on the Upper Macleay near Kempsey. Councils from Nambucca to Tweed Heads are now on high alert. The plant is described as being a perennial shrub that grows from 1-2 metres in height with leaves and stems containing large white to yellow thorn-like prickles.
Weekly works schedules
Each week you can find out what our infrastructure and water crews are working on throughout the Shire.
Water saving tips
Council is encouraging community members connected to the reticulated water supply to do what they can to save water and reduce the current demand on the water supply system.
Seen a koala lately?
Kempsey Shire Council is interested in keeping records of healthy, injured, sick or dead koalas that have been sighted within the Kempsey Shire.
If you have recently, or sometime in the past, seen a koala within this Shire, please let us know. Your information will provide us with valuable information on where koalas are located and be used to assist Council with future conservation planning.
Future Jobs Kempsey
A skilled local workforce is crucial to the Macleay’s future. We need people, like you, with the right skills for the jobs we know will be on offer today and in the future. Skilled people who enjoy the income, satisfaction and social benefits that a working life can bring, keep our economy strong and vibrant.
'Future Jobs Kempsey' is your one stop shop to training and employment in the Macleay Valley.
- Media releases
- Rate increase information
- Tropical Soda Apple information
- Heavy metals in the Upper Macleay River - March 2014 update
- Detour off Stuarts Point Road from 17 September 2014
- Bushfire Danger Period in Kempsey Shire currently in force
- Water Restrictions lifted from Tuesday 9 September
- Operating Plan 2014-15 / Fees & Charges 2014-2015
- Significant changes to swimming pool legislation
- Macleay Valley Welcome Pack now available
- Download the Waste Services Guide (PDF - 6.9 MB)
- Current roads and bridges status and sports fields status
- Latest Council notices
- Positions vacant
- Documents on public exhibition
- Mayor and Councillors' Engagement Calendar
- Customer service request