Kempsey Shire Council is responsible for the management and maintenance of these cemeteries in the Shire:
- Barrunbatayi (Dreamtime) - East Kempsey,
- Kinki (Stuarts Point),
- Toms Gully, and
- West Kempsey.
Euroka and West Kempsey are currently closed to reservations.
An information brochure is available on cemetery burial rights and frequently asked questions associated with this important topic. It is a guide only. If you need more details about making a reservation please contact Jennifer Colling at Council on phone 02 6566 3200
- Funeral Request form
- Location Map - All Cemeteries
- Procedure 1.2.10 - Cemeteries
- Cemetery Burial Rights - What you need to know (PDF - 75 KB)
- Brochure: Keeping our Cemeteries Safe and Looking Good
- Options for Placement of Ashes
- Treating biological growths on historic masonry (Heritage Council of NSW) (PDF - 27 KB)
Enquiry for grave location
There is no cemetery record list for general sale or a search facility on our website.
To carry out a search for a grave location the following information is needed:
- The full name of the deceased you are looking for,
- an approximate date of death,
- or any other cross referencing information you may know.
Council received control of the cemeteries in this Shire in 1967 and unfortunately due to records not being complete there are some unknown/unmarked graves.
Office hours are 8:30 am – 4:30 pm, Monday to Friday. The office is closed on weekends and public holidays.
All enquiries regarding family history can be directed to:
The following form will facilitate your enquiry to the Macleay River Historical Society.