About the library
Kempsey Shire Library has its main branch in West Kempsey. It also has three other sub branches located at South West Rocks, Stuarts Point and Hat Head. Kempsey Library is also part of the Mid North Coast Library Co-operative, with Port Macquarie Hastings Library.
The Kempsey Shire has:
- a population of approximately 27,387 (as per 2006 census)
- over 47% of them are registered borrowers
- the Library has a book stock of 61,955 (2009)
- book borrowings were over 221,000 during the year of 2008/09
You may be able to borrow up to 20 items at one time, comprising of :
- 1 PC Game,
- 2 items non-fiction per subject (per family),
- 3 issues of the same magazine
- 5 DVD's,
- 5 CD's,
- 5 CD-ROM's,
- 5 Videos (VHS max 10 per family), and
- 5 Talking books.
Renewals may be granted if the item is not on reserve.