Lloyd Park and Main Street - Crescent Head upgrade
- Project value$1.15 million (Grant Funded Stronger Country Communities Fund)
Council is developing designs to revitalise Lloyd Park and Main Street in Crescent Head, based upon Concept Designs from the 2020 Masterplan.
The project will be funded using $1.15million grant from the NSW Government Stronger Country Communities Fund.
Lloyd Park is an important but under-used park located in the heart of the village, featuring a war memorial and mature trees.
The upgrades will provide new facilities, accessible parking, and improve pedestrian access to make the park a great place for the community.
Design consultants will be onsite at 10am-12pm on 25 November 2023 to showcase the design to the community.
In 2020, the Crescent Head Public Domain Plan developed concept designs (Figure 1) for Lloyd Park and Main Street. The community has provided feedback on these designs, and the consultation found that there was a high level of community support.
Figure 1 – 2020 Public Domain Plan Concept Design
There has been ongoing consultation with elements of the design e.g. ANZAC Committee. Council's design consultants will be onsite at 10am-12pm on 25 November to illustrate the design to the community.
The key strategies in the concept design for Lloyd Park included:
- Provide new pedestrian paths and pedestrian ramps to improve accessibility and connectivity to the shops, park and surrounding streets.
- Relocate the war memorial and create a new gathering space for memorial events.
- Provide upgraded seating and picnic tables to provide places to sit, meet people and enjoy the park.
- Create an open lawn space with good natural shade.
- A new timber deck underneath the existing trees.
- Widen Main Street to allow space for accessible ramps from the lower car park area up to the entrance level of the shops.
- Provide new accessible parking spaces.
- Replace the parallel parking on both sides of the street with angled parking on one side of Main Street to improve accessibility and safety of the car park while retaining car parking spaces.
- Relocate the bus stop west of its current location.
The current design (Figure 2) has retained the key elements of the concept design while managing the complex site grades to current standards.
Figure 2 – Current Design
Council is currently working through options for the memorial site with the ANZAC Committee as per Figure 3.
Figure 3 – Artistic Impression of possible ANZAC Option
Construction works are proposed to be undertaken from March to September 2024. When these works commence, impacts on the community and local businesses will be minimised to the greatest extent possible.
Matt Ritson and David Knights
Main Street, Crescent Head 2440 View Map