Kempsey Shire Council’s Strategic and Environmental Planning team is responsible for planning for a sustainable and prosperous future for the shire. Our activities include:
- strategic land use planning
- statutory land use planning, including rezoning applications (planning proposals)
- heritage planning and advice
- sustainability and resilience strategies and policies
- development contributions planning and policies
- coastal and estuary planning
- environmental planning.
Our team prepares and administers a number of strategic plans and policies, including:
- Your Future Growth and Character – Local Strategic Planning Statement
- Your Future Places and Spaces – Community Infrastructure Strategy
- Local Growth Management Strategy
- Biodiversity Strategy
- Long Term Renewable Energy and Water Strategy
- Sustainability and Resilience Strategy
- precinct, structure and master plans.
The team also prepares and administers the statutory development control instruments used by the Development Assessment team, including:
- Kempsey Local Environmental Plan 2013
- Kempsey Development Control Plan 2013
- Comprehensive Koala Plan of Management
- development contributions plans prepared under sections 7.11 and 7.12 of the Environmental Planning and Assessment Act 1979 (NSW)
- Council’s development control policies.
We welcome the contributions of residents, businesses and visitors to our activities. You can get involved in our policy-making processes and projects by:
- participating in public meetings, forums, committees and consultations
- reading Council information and providing feedback.