Profile.id is a handy tool you can use to find out about our community and how it compares with others around Australia.
Based on the most recent census data, the profile includes a range of community characteristics and demographic trends.
Did you know?
- Kempsey is home to the iconic Akubra hat factory.
- Country music performer Slim Dusty was born and raised west of Kempsey at Nulla Nulla Creek. You can visit the Slim Dusty Centre and museum in Kempsey.
- Author Thomas Kenneally spent his youth in Kempsey. His book, A River Town, is set in Kempsey in the early 1900s.
- Tourism is a key industry of the Macleay Valley, attracting more than 685,000 visitors each year.
- The region has become known as the Macleay Valley Food Bowl for its high-quality and organic fresh produce.
- Several films and TV series have been made in and around Trial Bay Gaol at South West Rocks.